Saturday, May 30, 2009

One stop shopping???

This is the wedding photo for Robert Franklin Manley and Pearl Osborn. You would never know by looking at them that they were married in a clothing store. We didn't know either...until we found a newspaper article.

I contacted the Decatur Genealogical Society to see if they had a photograph of the clothing store, or if they knew why it was a popular place for weddings. Unfortunately they couldn't help me with either request. So it remains a mystery. Why a clothing store? I wonder if their wedding clothes were rented or purchased?

1 comment:

Delia Furrer said...

HI!
I enjoy your blog and am nominating you for the "Puckerbrush Award" you can find out about it and pick it up at
http://deliasgenealogyblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/puckerbrush-award.html

I really enjoy your blog!