Tuesday, August 04, 2009

What else do you see????

I was looking through some family photo albums at my Mom's this weekend. I'm not talking about professional portrait pictures...I'm talking about those goofy snapshots we take at various events.

I don't remember what it was, but something prompted me to get a magnifying glass to see something in one of the photos. Well - that started me looking at almost all the photos with a magnifying glass. It was amazing what you see.

I generally look at the people in a photo, but rarely look at the background in much detail. It was a walk down memory lane. Like in this photo of my Dad (taken in the early 50's). Up on a shelf is the cookie jar my grandparents always had. I had completely forgotten anything about this cookie jar - until I saw it. All of a sudden I remembered seeing that goofy cookie jar in their home.

I had a great time looking at the background items in photos. What pictures were on the walls, what magazines on the table, what decorative elements. In this same photo I noticed my Dad is wearing a ring. I don't remember ever seeing him wear a ring. Even my Mom had forgotten.

Take a magnifying glass to your old photos...and see what you see!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Diane,

I was just reading your blog and was thinking how very lucky you are to have so many great photos of your family history. That little girl - Elisie - is adorable! I love your Tuesday Tombstone posts - what a unique idea.

Because you have such valuable information for other genealogists on your blog, I would like to personally invite you to put links to OneGreatFamily.com on your blog and earn money for referring customers to our site. You can find more information about our Affiliate program at: www.onegreatfamily.com/affiliate.aspx. If you have any questions you can contact me - heather.matthews@onegreatfamily.com