Friday, May 06, 2011

It pays to keep looking...

Even though you've checked a website before, perhaps several times before, it pays to check again.  I periodically search the Ancestry Public Member Trees for several of my direct line ancestors.  I always hope to find someone researching the same families.  I'm generally disappointed.  However, yesterday when I checked Henry Pilgrim (my 3rd great grandfather) I saw what purported to be a photograph of him with is wife (Zilpah Pritchett Pilgrim).  It's an obvious photocopy of a photograph with a typewritten notation at the bottom that reads "Henry Pilgrim Sr. - and wife Zylphia Pritchett Pilgrim."
Image from the "Warner/Joyce/Schultz/Wahl" Public Member Tree 
on Ancestry.com  submitted by "jonathantripple"
The picture was added on 11 Feb 2011.  I quickly sent a message to the submitter asking how they obtained the picture, how it was identified and who has the original.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to confirm the authenticity of the photo and perhaps obtain a better copy.

It pays to look...and look again!

No comments: